In 1925, all twenty-five auto dealers listed in the Seattle directory had addresses in the Pike/Pine/Broadway district. When researching names for the 14th Avenue project, it seemed natural to pay homage to the history of Capitol Hill and the auto industry that thrived there. The REO Motor Company, named after Ransom E. Olds (Oldsmobile), once sold cars on Broadway at the location that is now Seattle Central Community College's book store. REO also had a truck dealership on Capitol Hill that was located at 1916 E. Pine (currently the home of Area 51). The name REO Flats seemed quite befitting for this project as the preserved brick facade and 20' high store fronts will garner appraising attention and cultivate a vision of times past. While the project will incorporate high end finishes and be cutting edge with its implementation of new energy standards and Built Green certification, the historical auto row story will flow subtly from the name and facade to interior details and signage. The availability of electric car charging stations and public parking will be yet another, albeit modern, nod to automobile row.